I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kelly & Alex | Wedding



Kelly and Alex had a very chilly wedding day - weather-wise. Experience-wise it was all warm and fuzzy though. It was only fitting too, since this wedding was supposed to be this coming June. When Alex got a job offer and had to move, so did the wedding, and before anyone knew it, all the plans had been moved up seven months.

Ceremony: St. Jacobi, West Allis
Recetion: Mount Mary College Alumni Hall
Flowers: Petals

The guys started their day off with a brave game of catch in full tuxes out in the cold (see the slideshow for that). Over at the church, the girls gathered in the nursery to get dolled up. Score one for Mthree Studio when we saved the day with our sewing kit (always in my assistant's bag) so that a seriously incorrectly altered bridesmaid dress could be fixed.







Kelly and Alex opted for a first look, which in winter months is really smart. They got a special moment all to themselves and we also got the opportunity to shoot a few portraits in the sunlight, which is all too scarce this time of year.




The ceremony was simple and heartfelt:





Then it was off to Mt. Mary (Kelly's alma matter) for a few pictures and the reception. Thanks to the incredible cold, no one was in the mood for much time outside, so we had to get really creative with indoor options and brief moments outside.



I love the family feud feeling of this shot.




Party time:


I'm really loving the black and whites for this wedding.









The Details:


Kelly and Alex actually chose one of the songs I use in wedding slideshows as their first dance song. So with this slideshow, the song choice is all theirs. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know who baked the cake for this wedding? It's EXACTLY what I am looking for. Beautiful pics!!

Unknown said...

Simma's in Wauwatosa and they did a wonderful job! They were really great to work with!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!! Your wedding so beautiful, congrats!!