I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, December 1, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

If you didn't see Darcy & Bryan's wedding, which I posted late on Friday, scroll on down. Go ahead, I'll wait.

---

The next six photography posts will all be weddings - just a little Holiday treat for all of you!

---

Ringo is not a big fan of the snow. I thought maybe today, with 10 inches of it or so laying on the ground he would finally get the chance to run around and play in it. But alas, he is quite skeptical of it and really doesn't appreciate the cold and wetness of it. I'm going to try again at least one more time to get him to play in it.
My mom bought him these adorable little boots and he does the most fantastic circus trick in them. I'm going to try to get a picture before I describe it to you though... yes, I tease.

---

I love the morning of a freshly fallen snow - everything looks so beautiful with it sticking to trees and the pristine whiteness of it all. Today marks the two year anniversary of Hubby & I buying this house. December 1 was our first day in it two years ago, and it snowed over a foot that by the time we woke up that day - last year it snowed a few inches, and today it has as well. It has become an anniversary tradition. The first year we didn't have a snowblower though and it took us hours to shovel ourselves out. It is hard to believe we have been here so long - the place still feels new to me.

---

I met with someone last week who despite using the exact same laptop I have was mysteriously unable to bring up my actual website. When she was on the launch page, where you choose the website or the blog, she would click on the website and it would go to open, but then just never did (choosing the blog worked fine). Very strange. Is anyone else having this problem? I have no idea what is causing it. If anyone has an idea, please, please share. I find the website stuff entirely too maddening!

---

I've got something fantastic in store for you next week (maybe this week if I really get on things!). A hint: It has to do with the holidays, and it might just solve all of your gift giving woes with those really hard people on your list.

---

The fact that someone died on Black Friday by the actions of greedy shoppers is so appauling I don't even know what to say. Someone died because someone else needed a good deal on a tv or some other material good. How insane is that? My BF Jamie's sister had two exchange students from Spain with their family on the holiday and they took them out shopping at 4am with them. Reportedly they found all of us Americans quite amusing and even took pictures of our shopping frenzy. I can only imagine what they thought when they saw the newscast about shoppers trampling a store employee. American consumerism at its best for sure.

---

For the first time in years I didn't shop on Black Friday. I didn't (and don't) have my list together and nothing really struck me in the ads. And I had way too much work to do. The crazy thing is I didn't even miss it. One advantage of being self-employed is I can shop during the middle of a weekday when there aren't any crowds. Woot!

---

Have a great week, and if you are in SE Wisconsin, enjoy the snow!

2 comments:

Artists-Eyes.com said...

Hey M! great running into you over the weekend... even though we were both working... anywho, maybe the laptop issue has to do with the flash plug-in on their machine? somehow became disabled?? ask them to download the latest version from Adobe, and see if that fixes it...

see you soon!

charlie

Claire said...

I love the morning of a freshly fallen snow too. Oh wait...I've never actually had one of those. ;)

I'm a little jealous, we get it about once every 4 years or so, and then it's just a couple inches. (Of course we all run around like fools building snowmen, throwing snowballs, and acting like we're in the middle of a blizzard.)

Can't wait to see Ringo's new trick!