I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, December 19, 2008

Ordinary Moments


from google images

Sometimes in the most ordinary moment I am struck by how much I love my husband and how incredibly lucky I am to have this partner in life. It happens at nearly every wedding ceremony I shoot, but in every day life it comes at the oddest moments.

Today I was outside, clearing the front walk with my mini snow-thrower (we got 13 inches here) and I got hit by the snow caught in the wind from his snowblower down at the end of the driveway. I looked up to protest and instead I saw him and I was struck with a reminder of how much I appreciate and love him. This year has been a particularly interesting one with many ups and downs, twists and turns. We are, admittedly, tired. But when I think of what we can accomplish together and all that lies ahead for us, I am instantly re-energized. So today, for him, I give you the lyrics to one of our two wedding songs, to remind Hubby too:

"You and Me"
by Tom Petty


Take a look
at what i've got
I can't promise
you a lot
but you and me
and the road ahead

I can't save
you from yourself
you got to want it
all that's left
is you and me
and the road ahead

wherever that wind might blow
wherever that river rolls
you know i will go with you

looking over
the mountain's crown
the water roars
and tumbles down
like you and me
and the road ahead

wherever that wind might blow
wherever that river rolls
you know i will go with you

just you and me
and the road ahead

1 comment:

Monica said...

I find it ironic, for a number of reasons, that your song is "You and Me" and ours (mine and Tim's) is "You and I".