I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, December 20, 2008

Racheal & Jason | Wedding



Racheal and Jason's wedding day was perfect. I always worry when the Bride is an event planner - they tend to put more pressure on the success of their wedding day. But all of those planning skills came thru and the day went beautifully. I've known Racheal & Jason since a few months before they were even engaged, and it has been such a joy to watch them through this whole process and a real privilege to be there on their wedding day to capture it.










This little one, I just have to tell you about her. Racheal calls her "monster", which is a name she got even before the family discovered that she can growl. Like, seriously growl like a monster. It is soooo hilarious! This is obviously a quieter and sweeter moment with her grandma:







The ceremony was held at Jason's family church. Most churches, especially in winter are DARK, in a way you can't even believe. This one was too, except for the front, which was expertly lit with some well hidden stage lighting. To me, this was total salvation (pun intended). Look critically at the lighting in your church, it can make a huge difference.

The groom's look:

Racheal studied abroad and her "London Mom" flew all the way from England to be there for the wedding:





We headed out to downtown Milwaukee for some picture time, and then on to the SafeHouse for some fun time:









And then it was off to the Venice Club for the rockin' reception. While on the bus, the groomsmen devised a game for the guests to play in place of clinking the glasses. The decided that if people wanted the couple to kiss, they would have to sing a song with the name "Faulks" in it (the new married name of the couple). I have to be honest, I figured one, maybe two people would actually do it. When we were on song number ten or twelve during dinner, I knew we were in for a fantastic reception. These two little guys definately gave the cutest delivery:


This one was just too funny not to post:


Racheal's Dad was diagnosed with cancer shortly after I met her. He has fought a long and hard battle with it, and recently has found himself cancer free. I know it has been a tremendous year for him and the family, and when Jason asked for a round of applause in respect for this battle here is what I got:


A great shot of Jason's mom:


I have no explanation for why I love this shot. It is one that would normally get deleted. But there is something about the way Racheal is burying her head in Jason's shoulder and his expression that I can't stop looking at:



Loved this shot of Jason's sister and her family watching the first dance:





I have to confess, this wedding was made a whole lot more fun by the fact that two of my aunts were there (one as a bridesmaid and one as a guest). They are such a barrel of fun:


If you remember Racheal & Jason's engagement story, then you'll catch on to the theme of their wedding:


Racheal & Jason - a thousand congratulations. I know the road ahead for you is bright and happy. Thanks so much for inviting me into your life to capture this special day.

Enjoy the slideshow!

No comments: